Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week



Book Blogger Appreciation Week
was started by Amy Riley of My Friend Amy as a week long festival (September 13-17, 2010) celebrating the community of book bloggers and their contribution to preserving a culture of literacy through book reviews and recommendations, reading reflections, and general bookish chat. BBAW also includes an awards component. For more information on the BBAW 2010 Awards and how to participate, please visit the BBAW 2010 Awards Blog. BBAW events include daily blogging topics, blogger interview swaps, special guest posts, and so much more!

I have registered my blog for consideration in the Kidlit Book Blog category (even though I have only been blogging for 2 months I have already posted 35 reviews). Here are the links to the 5 representative posts for consideration:

Review of Alligator Bayou by Donna Jo Napoli;

Review of One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia;

Review of Is it Night or Day by Fern Schumer Chapman;

Review of A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole;

Report on Lemony Snicket/Lisa Brown appearance at Skirball Museum.

These same posts can be used for consideration for Best Written Blog and Best New Blog categories.

2 comments:

Playing by the book said...

Hi Margo,
Lovely to have found you via the BBAW awards process - what a great resource this blog is - I know I'll be returning. Another Audobon picture book that I like is The Boy Who Drew Birds by Jacqueline Davies, illustrated by Melissa Sweet.

The1stdaughter said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see you jumped in with BBAW! I don't know how I missed your post, but I'm glad it's here. BBAW is so wonderful for getting around to get to know some new (and old to us blogs), but it's also helping me realize I need to get back into the habit of commenting more...I've been too much of a lurker. I just loved your review of A Nest for Celeste and your report from the Lemony Snicket event was so fun!

Good luck with BBAW!